Review: Come Follow Me Training
This series was originally offered in the late 1990s as 10 topical studies focusing on essentials lessons Jesus taught his leaders. They have been reformatted into 3 small group trainings focused on discipleship, disciple making, and leadership training. It can be offered as a seminar, but it is primarily used for small group discussion and formation for leaders.
The training includes about 3-4 hours of homework for each study followed by small group discussion with each participant learning how to facilitate short segments so it will prepare them to become equipped to lead future small groups. It also includes practical application exercises and review notes at the end of each topic.
The goal of the Come Follow Me training is to help Catholics to become solid disciples of Christ, to help others become disciples, and to increase parish leadership. The leaders’ manual provides answers and guidance to facilitate the discussion.
Here are the three main topics:
1) Discipleship Training: Intro to Discipleship
- God’s Word
- Christian Community
- The Holy Spirit in the Life of the Church (including Sunday Worship and Communion)
2) Disciple Making: Intro to the Great Commission
- Reaching Your Family and Extended Family
- Using Your Gifts to Build Up the Church
- Sharing Your Faith in Daily Life
- Answering God’s Call for Your Life (including stewardship of finances and caring for the poor)
3) Leadership Training: The Call of a Leader
- The Formation and Mentoring of a Leader
- The Ministry of a Leader (focusing on leadership gifts)
- The Multiplication of Leaders
- Carrying out a Vision.
Contact Dick directly to order the Come Follow Me resources.